Election Day Tangent

On this election day, I am going to take a timeout from our usual photo/video coverage of Senna's daily adventures to highlight an organization I am involved with, which I believe is doing more to support children and their families than any other I have seen in recent years. MomsRising.org is fighting for policy and social change that will get the United States on par with the rest of the world in terms of supporting families through Maternity/paternity leave, Open/flexible work, Television we choose and afterschool programs, Healthcare for all children, Excellent childcare, and Realistic/fair wages (notice these spell "Mother"). They have a book and a DVD documentary and a great web site. Check it out. And hope you voted!
By the way, Senna fans, she is crawling, standing with amazing agility, traversing furniture, saying "buh" for "button", "bah!" for banana, "ma" for "milk", "mamamama" for mama -- and usually saying them in proper context! She is pointing, waving and just clapped for the first time yesterday. Sleeping... well, that's another story. But her tired parents still adore her every moment.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home