Conversations
Today at the beach, Senna and I are eating soy yogurt, which we call "yog" (yo-g):
Me: "That seagull is watching us eat. Do you think she likes yog?"
Sen: "She likes her own yog." Pause. "With sand, and a little salt."
*****
A couple weeks ago in the kitchen, after Senna ate a messy meal at her little table:
Sen: "I'm finished! I'm going to play now."
Me: "Do you have clean hands?"
Sen: "Yes."
Me: "Are you sure?"
Sen: Looks down at her hands. "I have one clean hand!"
*****
Also a couple weeks ago, Senna laid down on the floor while she was playing, clearly sleepy:
Me: "Senna, would you like to take a nap?"
Sen: Jumps Up. "I'm standing up now! I'm happy now! No nap!"
Me: "That seagull is watching us eat. Do you think she likes yog?"
Sen: "She likes her own yog." Pause. "With sand, and a little salt."
*****
A couple weeks ago in the kitchen, after Senna ate a messy meal at her little table:
Sen: "I'm finished! I'm going to play now."
Me: "Do you have clean hands?"
Sen: "Yes."
Me: "Are you sure?"
Sen: Looks down at her hands. "I have one clean hand!"
*****
Also a couple weeks ago, Senna laid down on the floor while she was playing, clearly sleepy:
Me: "Senna, would you like to take a nap?"
Sen: Jumps Up. "I'm standing up now! I'm happy now! No nap!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home